These Trademark and Copyright Guidelines (“Guidelines”) apply to licensees, developers, customers, and authorized parties (collectively, “You”) who wish to use Medable Inc and its affiliates (collectively, “Medable”) trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain name (including, without limitation, IP addresses and ASNs) and copyrights of Medable (collectively, “Medable Marks”) in connection with advertising, marketing, promotional, informational and reference materials, on product packaging, on websites, or on printed publications. The Medable Marks are valuable assets and are an important means by which Medable identifies itself and its products and services to the public, and by which the public, in turn comes to recognize Medable.
By using any Medable Marks, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Medable is the sole owner of the content and promise that you will not interfere with Medable’s rights in the content, including challenging Medable’s use, registration of, or application to register such Medable Marks, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world. In addition, you acknowledge that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Medable Marks. Any unauthorized or improper use of Medable Marks may constitute infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal, state and international laws.
Medable reserves the right to oppose any use of any Medable Marks that Medable, in its sole discretion, deems unlawful or improper, even if such use is not expressly prohibited hereunder. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise and Medable reserves all rights to Medable Marks not expressly granted herein.
The status of the Medable Marks may change, and it may be necessary to revise these Guidelines from time to time. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to comply with the most current version of these Guidelines.
1.0 Permitted uses of Medable marks
Only parties that have prior written permission from Medable are allowed to use Medable Marks in accordance with applicable terms. Provided you have prior written permission from Medable, your use of Medable Marks must also comply with these Guidelines, in addition to complying with any specific license, agreements or usage requirements for use of any specific logo, term, symbol, or name associated with Medable Marks.
You may use Medable Marks only in the most current form provided by Medable. All references to any Medable Marks must be truthful and clearly and accurately indicate your relationship to Medable and the referenced Medable Marks. The subject matter that incorporates any Medable Marks must actually relate to the specific Medable content, product, or service referenced.
Any printed or online materials relating to Medable Marks must include proper attribution symbols, (i.e. trademark symbols) and the following statement:
“The statements made and opinions expressed herein belong exclusively to [INSERT NAME USER OF MEDABLE MARK] and do not represent the viewpoint of Medable Inc (“Medable”). Inclusion of Medable material does not constitute an endorsement of any product, service or point of view. Medable makes no representations, warranties or assurances of any kind, express or implied, as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, availability or currency of the content contained herein or any related material. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by Medable and/or its affiliates.”
3.0 Publications, seminars and conferences
Use of any Medable Marks in any online or printed content, such as periodicals, books or magazines, or in connection with the presentations and other serial publications that are displayed to the public is expressly prohibited without Medable’s prior written consent. However, Medable Marks may be used, by you or third parties, on the covers of such publications and in the title of single-issue books (collectively, “Publications”), provided that such use complies with these Trademark & Copyright Guidelines and the following terms:
- Such use of any Medable Mark(s) is simply referring to the Medable products and/or services and not speaking for Medable;
- Such use of any Medable Mark(s) must not suggest Medable’s affiliation with, sponsorship of, endorsement or certification of any publication, seminar or conference. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Medable should be included on the Publications and in all related printed materials;
- Your name or mark and logo shall appear in a prominent location on the cover or the title page of the Publication and shall be featured with greater prominence than the Medable Mark;
- You attribute the Medable Marks with the proper symbol and footnote it on all Publications as explained herein;
- You do not apply to register or register any term comprised or consisting of in whole or in part the Medable Mark or any confusingly similar mark as trademarks, service marks, corporate names, trade names or domain names, Internet keywords, meta tags, or trigger words to lead to a website or other Internet destination; and
- The Medable logo or Medable graphic, image or icon does not appear on or in Publication or material related to the Publication, seminar or conference without express written permission from Medable.
Medable trademarks may be designated by one of the three following symbols:
- ™: Used for trademarks with pending registration applications and for unregistered common law trademarks;
- SM: Used for service marks with pending registration applications and for unregistered common law service marks;
- ®: Used for marks registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
When using a Medable Mark, you must use the appropriate trademark symbol (either ™, ℠ or ®) as a notice to third parties of Medable’s rights in its marks. A trademark notice symbol must be used in connection with the first and most prominent usage of a mark (e.g. "Medable®"). For publications that will be distributed outside the United States, do not include trademark symbols. Instead, use the appropriate trademark attribution notice, for example: Medable is a service mark/trademark of Medable Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. For the current information on the proper designation for your use of any approved Medable Mark please contact Medable’s Legal Team as: email@example.com.
Use of Medable’s proprietary copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from Medable. Such materials include, but are not limited to, content and text displayed on Medable’s website, research and white papers, or other documentation, photographs, diagrams, videos, images, and sound clips.
Provided you have prior written permission from Medable, your use of Medable’s copyrighted material must be accompanied by one of the following statements, which should be prominently displayed and reference the year/s the material was created:
- “© [Year/s] Medable, Inc. All rights reserved. Used here with permission.”
- “Copyright [Year/s] Medable, Inc. All rights reserved. Used here with permission.”
6.0 Prohibited use
- Unauthorized use of any Medable Marks or marks that are confusingly similar may constitute an infringement of Medable’s rights and is strictly prohibited.
- Use of any Medable Marks in a way that may cause confusion about ownership or whether your product or service is a Medable service or product, including use of any Medable Marks or any confusingly similar marks on any merchandise, including any apparel, toys, or other items is strictly prohibited without Medable’s prior written consent.
- Use of any Medable Marks in a way that would, in Medable’s opinion, damage Medable’s reputation or goodwill in any Medable Marks or Medable’s business interests is strictly prohibited.
- Altering, animating, varying the spelling or distorting any Medable Marks or combining any Medable Marks with any other symbols, words, images or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline/slogan, is strictly prohibited without Medable’s prior written consent.
- Use of any Medable Marks by third parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials without Medable’s consent is strictly prohibited, as such use may create the perception that Medable endorses or sponsors the product or service.
- Registering any of Medable Marks, in whole or in part, including Medable’s graphic symbols, logos, icons, or any version thereof, as a company name or trade name or as part of such a name, is strictly prohibited.
- Use of any Medable Marks in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose is strictly prohibited without Medable’s prior written consent.
- Use of any Medable Marks, including variations that look or sound similar to any Medable Mark, in any parties’ social media handles, avatars, post or replies is strictly prohibited without Medable’s prior written consent.
- Parties expressly licensed or authorized to use any Medable Marks must not alter or modify them in any way. In addition, such parties shall ensure any approved use of any Medable Marks shall always appear with any notice as provided by Medable.
- Parties expressly licensed or authorized to use any Medable marks must ensure any use of any Medable Marks be reproduced from materials supplied by Medable.
- Parties expressly licensed or authorized to use any Medable marks must ensure any use of any Medable Marks should be consistent, undistorted, and clear.
Please note that the preceding examples are illustrative rather than an exhaustive list of types of unauthorized uses of the Medable Marks. All rights not explicitly granted in these Guidelines are expressly reserved by Medable.
Medable reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify your permission to display any approved Medable Mark(s) and to take action against any use that does not conform to these terms and conditions, infringes any Medable intellectual property or other right, or violates applicable law.
8.0 Questions and reporting misuse of the Medable marks
Please direct any questions regarding these Guidelines to Medable’s Legal Team as: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain permission for any other uses of Medable Marks not specifically addressed in these Guidelines or if you became aware of unauthorized use of the Medable Marks, please contact Medable by email at: email@example.com.
Please note that permission will only be granted under certain conditions and/or subject to you entering into an agreement with Medable.