Thank you for reviewing this Medable Televisit App Privacy Statement. Medable Inc (“Medable”, “we” or “us”) provides various products and services, to be used in clinical settings. Medable offers this Televisit Aapp to facilitate the visit between a healthcare provider and patient in a HIPPA-secure manner.in accordance with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Please note we do not collect, monitor or store the contents of the Televisit.
This Privacy Statement does NOT apply to products, goods or services provided by other individuals or entities associated with your care.
The purpose of this policy is to detail and convey Medable’s commitment to protecting and respecting your privacy and any information about you that is personally identifiable to you (“Personal Information”) that we may collect from you or other sources. This Privacy Statement only applies to information we may collect through our Televisit Aapp.
Please read this policy carefully as it details:
- How we collect, use and disclose your information that we collect from you when you use our Televisit App. Please note that wWe collect the only yYour data elements that are required to provide our services to you.
- The security approaches we use to protect your information.
- How you can access and request modification of certain information that we may store about you.
- Any applicable rights you may have.
Please note that this policy applies only to information collected via the Televisit App; it does not apply to information you voluntarily disclose to us through other means or to information that we acquired or will acquire through other sources. It also does not apply to any Personal Information collected on any third-party website or application, of which we have no influence or control. The use of other sites or applications or the submission of Personal Information to other third parties is at your own risk.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on the Televisit App is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH A MEDABLE APP.
Your Acceptance of the Televisit App Privacy Statement and Changes to It
If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not use this TELEVISIT app.
II. What Information We Collect
In connection with your use of the Services, we collect and process Personal Information and other non-individually identifiable information from you when you register to use the Televisit App, respond to communication such as email, or otherwise use the Televisit App in any manner. This information is collected for the purpose of identifying and authenticating you to facilitate a video visit between healthcare provider and patient in a HIPAPA-secure manner and/or to respond to your communication to us. S, such information may include:
- Identity Data: For example, Your First and Last name, date of birth,
- Contact Data: For example, email address, telephone number.
- Other Data for Authentication: For example, password, consent.
We may also collect and store certain other personally non-identifiable information. This information is collected passively using various technologies, and cannot presently be used to specifically identify you.
III. How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information and other data we collect from you when you register, access, view, or use Televisit in the in the following ways:
- To verify and validate your identity.
- To personalize your Televisit experience and to allow us to deliver the content.
- To better understand your needs and how we can improve the Televisit App.
- To troubleshoot problems with the Televisit App.
- To enforce our rights (including protecting our intellectual property), and to detect and protect against error, fraud and other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To respond to any of your subsequent requests.
- To provide any legitimate business service related to the services of the Televisit.
We reserve the right to share Personal Information in response to duly authorized information requests of any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party, where we believe such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, to prevent the unauthorized or illegal use of a our App, or to prevent or detect a crime.
IV. How We Communicate with You
When you send email or other communications to Medable, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our App, our studies, trials and related products and services. When you send and receive messages, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages.
We may also send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our App is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email or text. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Based upon the Personal Information you provide us, we may send you a welcome email to verify your username and password. We will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preference.
V. We May Disclose Your Personal Information to Certain Outside Parties
You understand and agree that we can disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, as follows:
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates, strategic partners and to third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf, such as web site hosting companies or companies who send communications to you on our behalf. Our agreements with these third parties require them to protect this data and prohibit these parties from using your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- In the event of the sale or transfer of Medable, of one or more of our business units or of some or all of our assets, or in the context of some other business acquisition transaction.
- In response to a subpoena or court order, or a request from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against claims; or to protect the safety or security of the public or of users of a Medable App or study participants.
Medable’s Televisit App does not currently use tracking cookies. Cookies are small data files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device through your Web browser that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Although cookies do identify a user’s device, cookies do not personally identify users.
VII. “Do Not Track”
Our Medable Apps currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals.
VIII. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
We follow generally- accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security of Personal Information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Information submitted to or otherwise collected during your use of the Televisit App. Accordingly, you understand and agree that you transmit all data, including Personal Information, to us at your own risk.
IX. Retention of Your Personal Information
In accordance with our record retention policy, we will store your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you or believe it is necessary to carry out the purposes for which we collected it, or to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations. Under our record retention policy, data will be destroyed at a future date that is dependent upon the purposes for which the data was collected. To request that your Personal Information be deleted from our databases, please contact us as listed below.
X. Your Rights over Your Personal Information
You may have certain rights regarding Your Personal Information, subject to local law. These rights may include the following:
- Right to access your Personal Information.
- Right to rectify or correct the information we hold about you.
- Right to erase your Personal Information.
- Right to restrict our use of your Personal Information.
- Right to object to our use of your Personal Information.
- Right to receive your Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability).
- Right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection or governmental authority, if one exists in your state or country.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your Personal Information if it changes or if the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate. Please note that we will likely require additional information from you to verify your identity and in order to honor your requests.
Please note that should you request that your Personal Information be deleted, you may continue to receive materials for a short period while we are updating our lists. Your records will then be permanently deleted from our systems, other than information where you have been screened or participated as a clinical trial volunteer in which case such information may continue to be processed in connection with the clinical trial.